Modified starch manufacturing process
(1) Pre-gelatinize Reaction: Send the refined starch to the buffer tank to get the qualified DS and PH, then is sent to the reaction tank. Reaction is the key working procedure in modified starch production. Add some chemicals into the measured starch milk according to reaction requirement and heat it to suitable temperature (40-50℃)generally to make the starch and chemicals react. In order to control reaction temperature in a certain degree, it needs to cool the reactant. The reaction time which is on the basis of variety requires 3-24 hours commonly. After the reaction, it will be ceased by adjusting PH value.
(2) Washing: It is necessary to wash the reactants because of some not-full reacting chemicals and some deleterious impurity inborn from reaction. Different product variety should adopt different washing technique and equipment, normally cyclone or screen washing is needed which needs 4-6 step washing and get the qualified modified starch.
(3) Dewatering: The fine modified starch after washing needs dewatering to get the qualified water content in the starch milk. Centrifuge equipment is needed for this function.
(4) Drying and Packing: The modified starch is dried by air flow dryer. In accordance with the granularity demanded by the product, the un-qualified coarse starch in the drying system should be crushed to the qualified starch. Finally the products can not be packed until they meet the demand. Then it will be packed by 25Kg /sack in manual or mechanical.
1. Pregelatinized starch
Application: (1) Food Industry Pregelatinized starch can dissolve in cold water, widely used in kinds of convenience food and cakes. (2) Breeding industry Mainly for feed adhesives, like eels feed can take about 20%-25%. (3) Others It can be used as pills adhesives, casting adhesives, textile sizing agent, etc.
Application: Mainly used for adhesives, the stability is yellow dextrin≥ the glue ≥ white dextrin
3. Acid-modified starch
Application: Mainly for textile sizing agent, paper making adhesives, making fudge, etc.
4. Oxidized starch
Application: It can be used as paper making sizing agent, textile sizing agent and food additives.
5. Cross-linked starch
Application: Food thickening agent（apply to canned food and frozen food），medical anti-sticking agent(surgical gloves lubrication), battery electrolyte thickening, also can react with other chemicals to make compound modified starch.
6. Hydroxyalkyl starch
Application: Mainly for textile and paper-making industry, or dextran in pharmaceutical industry
7. Cationic starch
Application: Cationic starch is good emulgator and flocculant, used in textile, paper-making and oil drilling industry, also in the industrial wastewater treatment.
8. Carboxymethyl starch (CMS)
Application: Carboxymethyl starch can be used as thickener, suspending agent, stabilizer and adhesive, etc. in food industry, also adhesives and disintegrants of the tablet in pharmaceutical Industry as well as cosmetic, textile and paper-making industry.
9. Esterified starch
Application: Acetic acid esterified starch can be used for the production of textile, paper-making and starch film; xanthate esterified starch can remove the heavy metal and pesticide embedding in waste water; phosphoric acid esterified starch can be used as emulgator, thickener and stabilizer in food industry, also be used in textile and paper-making industry.
10. Graft copolymer starch
Application: Mainly used as water absorbent, such as for paper face towel, diaper and toilet paper, etc, and agriculture, forestry, gardening, etc.